Saturday, September 29, 2012

Packing!!! Who knew it was a full time job?

... at least for a day IF you are packing for a 24hr race and have to fly on a plane! Yeeps! So many things to figure out and line up!!!  Flying to a 24hr Solo is always interesting ... and at this event, they don't offer tents/chairs for rent .. so you are totally on your own.

Lucky for me I have a great pit crew :) Jonathan and his folks will be crewing for me!  They have no idea what they are getting into ;-) I think it's better that way, don't you? I still remember my first 24hr solo when I had no idea what I was getting into ... everything ws new, everything was interesting, everything was a challenge!

I'm hopeing for nice weather ... rain always makes things miserable. So if you are bored this weekend, do a little SUN dance for Colorado Springs. :)

A friend of mine gave me some good advice that i'm going to carry with me this race: You must first finish, if you want to finish first.  So true, so true!!!! And esp true for 24hr Solo's where, for me, my stomach is the first to go. Darn stomach. Anyone care for a trade? ;-)

Well, the packing is pretty much done, and tomorrow will be a busy day!