Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Capital Forest 100 miler: Race Report!

here it is!!! By the numbers:

Feet climbed: 11,555
Miles riden: 97 (see below)
Miles ran: 5
Flat tires: 3
Finishing place: 2nd
Broken pumps: 1
Minutes I beat my old self by: 0

Yup! that sums itup. I had 3 flats, had to run 5 miles due to a busted pump, and tied myself from last year! I estimate that I lost about 45 min due to the flats.  Oh yeah, and the race was on my birthday!

I rode my Phaser - this was the longest ride my Norco Phaser has seen and, well, it treated me well. Really well! I even had my fancy new powertap that i got for my Bday installed on it to see my stats. Fun, and motivating. For someone like me, i get lazy and relaxed, so having the numbers to push me when i am off in the woods on my own, is key!!

The race was amazing, as always! The support was great, the organizers were stellar, and the course was phenomenal with 90 miles of single track!! The support/volunteers even started walking back to me on the trail when they heard about my busted pump. AMAZING!!!

So that is it, the last big event before Nationals!!!