Tuesday, May 10, 2011

New Car!

Finally!!! Bought a new car.

About 1.5 months ago I was told i had a spun rod in my engine ... basically it means i had to replace my engine. For $5K I decided to ask how much my car was worth. $4500 at the high end. Well, that was depressing ... with 7 years and 170K kms on my car I decided it was time to bite the bullet and buy a new one.

I went back and forth on SUVs and small wagons for a while ... and finally this last weekend went to test drive a Subaru Impreza and a Forrester. I didn't like the changes in the Impreza that they made over the years but fell in love with the Forrester. It offered more space, but not too much, had great visibilty (yes, i like being able to see!!!!). So I drove away with a Forrester!

Yes, I will admit it: in true Monilee style it was, in the end, a race that drove me to purchase something sooner rather than later. You see, i have a 60 mile race this weekend. And it's on Whitby Island, which is a bit of a drive. So i didn't feel good driving a car with an engine that could 'stop at any moment, never to start again' .... the result? A new car!

Here it is ... a bit naked without bike racks ... more pictures to come once it gets 'fully dressed' :)