Friday, May 6, 2011

The countdown begins ... or is it over already?

Um yeah. What happened to Father Time? Why is he speeding things up? It seems like i should have another 8 weeks before the 24hr Solo NW Champs ... but it's only 3. What happened??  Oh and i definately should have another few weeks before my first long race (StottleMeyer 60 miler) ... but no, it's next weekend!!!!

Crap, i should be training, right? :)

Well, we will see ... i've been a bit of a slacker but i'm thinking maybe that will pay off.

So what have i been doing? A little of everything ... I've been running anywhere between 10 to 18 miles a week, i've been swimming once a week (uh yeah, i know i should swim more ...), I've been working too much, I've been playing in the dirt (IE having SO much fun on my new Phaser!!!), I've been playing on my new road bike ...... the Norco CCR1 - so hot!, and i've been being social.

Not sure if that adds up to a fast Monilee ... but it does add up to a happy Monilee ... so we'll have to go with that and see where I land. This next weekend will be the first 'real' test!  All that running should help right? and swimming? Not sure that working helps ... wrist strength from typing? And being social ... mental health!  Hmmmmm, we'll see :)

But in the end ... I'm stoked! Can't wait to 'get back in the saddle' and give it a whirl. Here's to the real kick off of 2011! Bring it!