Sunday, August 24, 2008

Perfect Timing

Well, today was looking a little over-cast and I was a bit late getting started. I packed the truck and was getting ready to hop in and felt a rain drop ... splat. With all of the hot weather we've been having I hadn't checked the weather ... so I quickly went back inside and took a look at the sattelite image ... lots of green and yellow (rain and harder rain) ... but it was West of here and I was going East so I figured I'd miss it.

I headed out to Tiger to do 2 quick laps. I love that place. Both climbs were sub 28 but the descents took a bit longer as the trails were wet ... On the first lap it rained a little while I was in the woods but had stopped by the time I got out. I debated doing a second and decided what the heck and went anyway ... It rained pretty hard on my way up - which was actually really refreshing ... and then stopped on my way down.

I got packed up and headed home ... had been on the road for maybe 5 minutes and it started to pour ... I am sitting in my living room nice and warm and watching it come down in buckets outside! Perfect Timing - I had gotten the best of the day! Gotta love it when karma works in your favor!