Thursday, June 30, 2011

Using Cascade Cream Puff as a 'training race'?

I think i might be crazy.  I know, I know ... most of you reached that conclusion ages ago! But yes, i've decided that i am going to use CCP as a training race. Hah. I am so going to get killed ....here are the details:

100 miles
18,000 feet of climbing
85% single track
Full on epicness - reports of hail, snow, sun, and wind ....

yeah, i'm crazy. It's July 10th .... a mere 1.5 weeks away!

So what am i training for? I want to do the 100 miler in Bend in Sept - its the National Marathon Championships and I figure i should practice a bit :) So in July i'll do 2 100 milers - CCP and High Cascades 100. Then in August i'll do one more - Capital Forest ... and top it off in Sept!!  If the 100 mile thing doesn't work out i'll do another 24hr race in Bend in Sept instead.