Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Catching up

Yeah, it's been a while... i know, i know! Slacker :)  I really don't have an excuse ... unless you count spending all the time i can on the trails (running or riding), geting some sweet hiking in, working too much, working with the awesome crew here in Seattle on Cycle the Wave, and leading some Women's rides.

hmmmm, maybe i do have an excuse! But i've been motived by none other than mother and triathlete extrodinaire Danelle. She's re-commited to bloging and this post talks about spending a little bit of time each day doing the things you love. So here i am :)

I have a lot of catching up to do but for now i'm just lettting you all know i'm still alive and kicking ... and that i am still enjoying the adventures in life - big and small.

Tonight, for example, I went for a run to do hill repeats (my least favorite and weakest running workout) ... turned out mother nature decided to give me an extra reason to sprint the hills. The skys were promising rain but i figured it would hold. As i got to the bottom of the .5 mile hill i break into 3 parts with recovery, I heard a HUGE crack! Thunder!!! and off I went, that was all the motivation i needed to get my butt into gear! I had to outrun the rain - this meant doing my intervals and then finishing off with a 2 mile run home. And yes, I won! i made it :) But i will tell you, i have never ran the hills that hard!!!