Sunday, December 28, 2008

Back to challenge La Ruta in 2009

Ever since I completed La Ruta in 2004, I have always wanted to go back and 'race' it. The first time I rode it, the goal was simply to finish, and I was happy with that. Since getting into racing and getting into better shape, I have always wanted to go back and see what I could do ... well, it looks like 2009 is the year.

They now have 5 stages, yes, I said five - check it out: http://adventurerace.com/web-ruta/registration-09.htm. Less road, more dirt, more singletrack, and more climbing. What more could I ask for? Frase got our plane tickets to Costa Rica for Christmas - all that is left to do is register for the race ... oh, and train of course! We are both going to do the race and are very excited!

It's almost a year away but never too early to start planning!!! 2009 is going to be a great year!!