Thursday, May 8, 2008

Riding in the Seattle Area

So ... I was supposed to start work on April 28th but due to some glitches in the H1B transfer process this date has been moved a few times ... and I still have not started. I have taken advantage of the time off to get us unpacked (only a few boxes left - whoooo hooooo) and to get some good riding in.

There are SO many trails around where we live. I've been spending a lot of time at a place called Black Diamond -it's kind of like Kanata lakes - flat but technical. I've also scouted out another great loop with loads of climbing at a place called Tiger Mountain - last time I was there I had to ride through snow at the top - brrrr. I am hopeing it will be cleared this weekend.

I have found loads of great trails and have barely scratched the surface. It sure is nice to have the extra time off. I am feeling much more confident on the bike and on the trails and much more ready to spend 24 hours doing actual mountain biking. Spokane is only 2 weekends away!!!! Yikes!!!