Thursday, June 11, 2020

Tour of the Gila 2020 - virtual stage race on Zwift


Tour of the Gila ... Wow! what a cool experience! It was so fun to get to race against such a strong field of riders ... in my own house!  I raced as part of team Revo, which is a great group of girls  - find out for yourself and meet the team here.


Day 1 - Team Time Trial.  Turns out you have to practice these things :) That said, the girls did awesome! we worked together pretty well, though we could have done with some practice. You can check out the footage here (general race footage) or  here (my team via my avatar).  Team Revo was 6th!


Day 2 - Circuit Race.  This was a fun course with lots of little kickers and real climbs.  We ended on a flat with an all out sprint where I snagged 6th!  you can watch me and my avatar here

Day 3 - Mountain Stage. This was so hard and so fun! it finished on the top of a long 20 min climb where i came in 8th overall. you can watch me and my avatar here


It was such a great experience, and I got 8th overall in the Tour. i'm already getting excited about the next one - The Joe Martin Stage race in June!