Monday, May 21, 2012

May 11: The test of truth … Tiger!


I’m a bit behind on blogging so bear with me a bit J  On May 8th I took the day off so I could sleep in, do a quick ride at Tiger and then an airport run!  Tiger has been my main training ground for years. I use it to gauge how I am doing and where I need to improve … here my (self made) report card:

-          Climbing:  A à I made it to the top in under 30 minutes – and I was feeling slow!  Climbing can take anywhere from 29 to 33 minutes for me depending on the legs. I was surprised to see I was in decent climbing shape, without putting out too much effort on the climb.

-          Technical descending: C à The descent takes me 15 minutes on a great day, 17 on an average day, and 19 on a slow day. You guessed it, it took me 19 minutes. Not really surprising given that most of my riding lately has been on the road bike. But it’s ok, I know I can make it back – I just need to put in a few more hours on the trail. Of all the ‘tests’, this is the easiest and funnest result to fix!

-          Fitness: A à I did well on the flats and flowy bits of the trail – looking good here

-          Technical climbing: B à I did well on technical climbing on the Iverson side but wussed out on a few spots I should have at least tried J

All in all I give myself a ‘B’. Not a bad place to be when my ‘A’ race is in September!!!