Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Running again ... 1/2 marathon report

Yup, running again! I love running! I've been doing it since i was little ... not 'training' per se, but running around the farm, around the woods, and generally causing trouble with my bro is how i grew up. Just ask my sister ;-)

So this past weekend we did a 1/2 Marathon along Lake Samamish. Beautiful! Amazing dirt trails - 1300 people, amazing race support, amazing weather, and fantastic run. The run started a little late with a last minute diaper change - i was running with a friend and we were taking turns pushing a chariot!  We started 10 minutes late but still clocked a time of 1:50 - not bad!  I love starting my weekends with an epic run or ride - it forces you to unplug from work and sets the tone for what a weekend should be - spent persueing your passions!

I'll definately be keeping up on running thru the summer - it might not make me faster on the bike but it makes me smile more. What more can you ask for? :)