Monday, March 7, 2011

Phew! 2011 started with a bang :)

I don't mean it literally, but man, i can't beleive it's March already!!! What the heck happened to January and February??? Well, I'll tell you!

I started the year by returning from a fantastic visit home to visit the family.  Christmas was amazing ... the kids were all there and the house was full. It was great to be home!  I returned to Seattle to start a new role at Microsoft. I've joined the Azure Storage team and I have to say - it's pretty cool stuff :) I have so much to learn ... but am loving it!!

On the fitness front I've been running a lot (even ran Tiger!), hiking a bit, snowboarding a bit, swimming a bit (I can swim for 2km straight - freestyle), and not riding enough ...  Um, does crosstraining carry over for fitness? Not quite ... but more on that later!

On the health front I got Bronchitus followed by the Flu which took me out of all training for about 3 weeks.  Upon recovery I promptly went up to Big White in Canada for some good fun in the snow.  Snowboarding ... snow shoeing, snow angels, etc.   You know, the important stuff ;)

On the bike front ... I am getting two sweet new rides soon, thanks to Norco Bikes :) The Phaser 1 for mountain biking - supposed to be great at climbing and should be good for the shorter 50 mile races. And a road bike!!! A Norco CCR 1 (how hot is that?)!!! Sweet rides all around. Spoiled? Yup!!!!

So yeah, that is my year so far ...